2019 Pageant Weekend is here!
Join us for a night of live jazz, 3 course meal, celebration of Houston’s leaders, and the crowing of the 2019 Miss Black & Natural Pageant!
Keynote speaker Catherine Flowers:
Catherine Flowers is a first generation American and a big picture thinker. Currently, she is the CEO of Bread of Life, Inc. a 25-year-old 501-c3 social enterprise. She has more than twenty years of successful nonprofit, government and corporate management experience. Although she is not from Houston, because of Hurricane Katrina she arrived in Texas right in time to advocate and serve thousands of evacuees from New Orleans while serving as the Director of Governmental and Community Affairs for the Lieutenant Governor of Louisiana.
Known by many as a servant leader with moxie, Catherine is not afraid to serve as a catalyst for change. She was responsible for creating and managing the Department of Neighborhoods for the City of Houston. She created the community engagement plan for the Houston Super Bowl 51 Host Committee. She was instrumental in engaging thousands of uninsured Texans to ensure their access to healthcare through the Affordable Care Act. She has created schools, affordable housing and other various opportunities for communities throughout the US. Ms.Flowers has raised millions in capital for constituents. She also works closely with decision makers throughout the community representing non-profit organizations, national and local government, and small businesses. Catherine’s advocacy and influence assists in building long-term capacity to provide direct services to communities in need.
Although she has served a gamut of clients, her true passion is advocating for those who cannot speak for themselves. She serves as a board member of several non-profit organizations, a charter school, as well as a court-appointed special advocate.
2019 LEGACY AWARD RECIPIENT NIKKI JACKSON
Nikki Jackson is an award winning entrepreneur, progressive thinker and the driving force behind many growth opportunities and empowering others to create multiple streams of income. She has served the Houston community as a consummate professional and champion of organizations that are committed innovation, change, and providing solutions.
Nikki is originally from Beaumont Texas and has been residing in Houston for the past 19 years.
She has created 13 solid business in which 4 of them have reached a six figure income.
Nikki is the Founder and President of Living In Pure Silence a Non- Profit Organization for families of
Domestic Violence and also Beyond Fostering, a non profit for children in foster care.
Because of her huge passion for children she started an all girls home called There’s Still Hope, for girls
in CPS custody. She is the Co – Founder of The Jackson Group a Global Consulting Firm, and Founder of
Teen Talk, a Global panel that allows Teens to have a voice and break the silence.
Outside of working in her community raising awareness, she’s an Author, Infopreneur, Success Coach,
Actress and Business Strategist.
Nikki is committed to engaging communities and other organizations in dialogue about how to create
viable solutions for the problems that people face daily. Nikki has always been committed to educating,
empowering, and the fostering of a strong network
Nikki Jackson is a powerful voice in the community and will continue to blaze trails for the advancement of others.
2019 25 HONOREES:
- 2019 Media Of The Year- Amazing 102.5
- 2019 Child Humanitarian Of the Year- Girls On A mission
- 2019 Male Humanitarian of The Year: The Blacklist Association
- 2019 Editor of the Year Jo Carolyn Goode - Houston Style Magazine
- 2019 Pastor Of The Year -Jamail Johnson
- 2019 Church Of The Year HUMBLE PRAISE CENTER
- 2019 Black Brand of The Year- My Degree is Black
- International Non Profit OF the Year- EMPOWER 54 (PRINCESS MODUPE OZOLUA)
- 2019 BEAUTY BRAND OF THE YEAR- MYSTI BROWN
- 2019 Publicist of The Year- Berry Dynamic Public Relations Agency
- 2019 Male Radio Host Of The Year - Atum Ra
- 2019 Female Radio Host of The Year- Amanda Sapp
- 2019 Black Girl Moment of The Year- Harris County 19
- 2019 Female Business Owner of The Year- Myi Baker
- 2019 AUTHOR OF THE YEAR- KENTRELL WRIGHT
- 2019 Blogger of The Year- Rich Love
- 2019 Model Agency Of The Year- GOOD GIRLFRIENDS
- 2019 Journalist of The Year : Keandra Tatum Scott
- 2019 Event Of The Year: Black Heritage Festival
- 2019 ETIQUETTE COACH OF THE YEAR VERNA CADDIE
- 2019 Male Business Owner of the Year: Jason Moore Eprint2day.com
- MAGAZINE OF THE YEAR MIZ CEO MAGAZINE Jessica Mosely
- 2019 ARTIST OF THE YEAR QUINCY ALFRED
- Entrepreneur of The Year- Tabitha Martin
- Photographer of the Year- Evernoire.com
Honoree submissions please email : Hello@TheConsutncyPRfirm.com
Press inquiries contact Hello@TheConsutncyPRfirm.com
Sponsorship please contact info@BlackandNaturalPageant.org.
Interested in competing in the National Pageant please register below.
Once registered you will be contacted in 48 hours for phone interview with state director.